- Can you guarantee that my application for an immigrant visa will be approved or that my interview will be waived?
- My application for an immigrant visa was refused. Is there anything I can do?
- I found your firm on the Internet. How can I be assured that your organization is legitimate? Could you provide me with referrals from successful clients whom you have represented?
- Why should I use a lawyer to apply for immigration to Canada?
- What is a “certified specialist” in Immigration Law?
Can you guarantee that my application for an immigrant visa will be approved or that my interview will be waived?
- The final decision is in the hands of a visa officer, so nobody can give you a 100% guarantee of success. Sometimes visa officers make the wrong decision. But we make every effort to ensure that your application will succeed. We also do everything that we can to have your Immigration interview waived, but an interview may be required even in the strongest application, because Immigration officials randomly select very qualified applicants for “Quality Assurance Interviews” in which the Department has an opportunity to satisfy itself that it is making the right decisions as to which cases merit waivers of interview.
My application for an immigrant visa was refused. Is there anything I can do?
- If the visa officer erred in law or made a decision based on inferences that are patently unreasonable, then a lawyer can apply to the Federal Court on your behalf for judicial review of that decision. Or, if you can submit better documents to show that you do meet the requirements, then you can reapply for the immigrant visa.
I found your firm on the Internet. How can I be assured that your organization is legitimate? Could you provide me with referrals from successful clients whom you have represented?
- For reasons of client confidentiality and in accordance with Canadian laws, we cannot disclose to you the names of our former and existing clients without their consent. If you want to verify our authenticity, we invite you to contact the Law Society of Upper Canada, which is the governing body for lawyers in the Province of Ontario, Canada. Their telephone number is: (416) 947-3300; their e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org and their website is: www.lsuc.on.ca. You will note that we are listed on their website as Immigration Law Specialists.
Why should I use a lawyer to apply for immigration to Canada?
- Many people apply for immigrant visas on their own, without the assistance of a lawyer or consultant. Some of these applicants succeed, but many of them fail. Many unrepresented applicants who failed could have succeeded with the proper professional representation. We are often called upon to appeal refusals of unrepresented applicants in the Federal Court in applications that should have succeeded the first time. We assist in your application every step of the way, from the completion of the forms, to the submission of documents, to making legal submissions to the visa office about your application, to preparation for a selection interview and handling all correspondence with the visa office on your behalf.
What is a “certified specialist” in Immigration Law?
- The Law Society of Upper Canada may certify as Immigration Law Specialists applicants who satisfy the Immigration Law Specialty Committee and Board that, by reason of their skill, aptitude and experience, they are fit to be identified to the public as having a special ability to practice in the field of immigration law. Applicants are required to establish that they have broad and varied experience in the area of immigration law. They must show that they have acquired a thorough knowledge of procedures and substantive law relating to the practice of immigration law. All applicants must establish that they adhere to the highest standards of professional conduct. There are currently 34 persons who are certified as specialists in immigration law by the Law Society of Upper Canada.